‘Dune’ and ‘Spencer’ to Debut at the Starred Venice Film Festival

[ad_1]

Barbera said that five of the 21 competition films, up from eight last year, were directed by women. “It may seem like a step back, but that’s only a partial perspective,” he added. Stating that female directors are more affected by the coronavirus pandemic than their male colleagues, the President said, “I really hope they come back.”

Bong Joon HoThe director of “Parasite” will preside over the jury of the competition, which will also include British actress Cynthia Erivo and director of the movie Nomadland, Chloé Zhao. winner of last year’s Golden Lion and It went on to win the Academy Award for best picture..

This year’s festival may see the return of blockbusters to Venice, but it will still be far from business as usual. The festival’s president, Roberto Cicutto, said at a press conference that rules introduced last year to limit the spread of coronavirus, such as mandatory seat reservation and masks for closed screenings, will likely continue.

In accordance with the Italian government regulations that came into force on 6 August, anyone who attends the screenings or even eats indoors in the festival area, necessary to show proof Having received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, a recent negative test result, or a certificate of recovery from the illness within the past six months.

The Italian government announced the requirements this month as virus numbers increase across the country. On Sunday, public health officials reported 4,742 new cases. That’s far from this year’s peak of more than 25,000 daily new cases in March, but the rise in cases has raised concern in a country where the pandemic hit hard last year.

“We hoped we could be more comfortable this year,” Cicutto said. “Not at the moment. But we continue to hope.”

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *