points - Details)
In Season, chefs Justin Wangler and Tracey Shepos Cenami and pastry chef Robert “Buttercup” Nieto share more than a hundred of their favorite recipes for everything from special occasions to everyday meals. You’ll find complete menus and ideas for seasonal celebrations—from a springtime garden party and a stress-free summer picnic to an autumn harvest celebration and a holiday finger-food feast—plus a year’s supply of seasonal starters, salads, soups, sides, mains, and desserts.
With user-friendly tips on growing and sourcing produce from master culinary gardener Tucker “Farmer T” Taylor, and wine-pairing notes from master sommelier Michael Jordan, this is more than a cookbook. It’s a kitchen companion you’ll turn to winter, spring, summer, and fall for inspiration.
And most of all, it’s a reflection of today’s wine-country cooking at its best, with recipes such as:
- Peach Toast with Garden Honey & Spicy Bush Basil
- Roasted Salmon with Artichoke Barigoule & Sorrel Aioli
- Purple Potato Salad with Peas, Dill & Tarragon
- Seared Flat Iron Steak with Spigarello & Cherry Tomatoes
- Beet Pasta with Ham Hock & Brussels Sprout Leaves
- Charred Calamari, White Bean & Chorizo Salad
- Cherry Clafoutis with Tarragon Whipped Cream
Whether you grow your own produce, look forward to your weekly CSA delivery, or shop your local farmers’ market, if you love food and wine that celebrate the best of every season, this book will add a world of fresh flavors and ideas to the way you cook, eat, and entertain.